Member Service Specialist - Full Time - IU Credit Union
- Greenwood - Greenwood
- Greenwood, IN, USA
- Full Time
- HIGHLIGHTS INCLUDE: Comprehensive & affordable health insurance, very generous 401(k) contribution, plenteous paid time off, flexible wellness reimbursement, ongoing professional development opportunities, performance incentive bonus, company-paid life insurance, tuition reimbursement and the opportunity for meaningful work at one of Indiana’s Best Places to Work.
Not your typical financial institution, IU Credit Union blends cutting-edge business practices with a family atmosphere. We take pride in our Best Places to Work in Indiana and Best Places to Work in Bloomington designations, and in being voted Bloomington's Best Financial Institution for twelve years. Please visit our Career Page to learn why we think you will love working here.
Some highlights of IUCU's generous benefit package include: Comprehensive, affordable health insurance (medical, dental, vision, prescription); outstanding 401(k) contribution (currently 10% of employee annual earnings); flexible wellness reimbursement program; plenteous paid time off (20 paid vacation/holidays your first year, paid parental leave, paid time off to volunteer in the community); performance incentive (up to 5% of your annual salary); company-paid life insurance and more.
IU Credit Union has an opportunity for a full-time Member Service Specialist at our Center Grove Branch in Greenwood.
Our Member Service Specialists are often the first to meet new members and the ones to start them on the path to reaching their financial goals. By having a conversation, we can understand what our members need, and can create customized product and service solutions that address them.
- Perform a variety of customer service functions to include setting up new accounts, share certificates and IRAs; processing loan applications; assisting members (customers) with automated and account services and conducting follow up research as appropriate
- Develop lasting relationships with IU Credit Union members by delivering an outstanding experience and using your financial or banking knowledge to offer thoughtful, individualized solutions to help address their financial needs
- Ascertain member needs and make appropriate referrals (lending, credit card, investment services) that may benefit the member per information gleaned in business transactions and/or conversation
- Maintain your professional knowledge and skill set through in‐house classes and training, and act with confidence to find answers to member questions
- Adhere to prescribed security controls and policies and procedures to comply with regulations, protect member and Credit Union assets, and to deter and detect fraudulent activity
- Perform daily responsibilities alongside other staff members to maintain the efficient operation and appearance of the branch to include assisting in the Member Service Representative area as needed
- One or more years of experience interacting with people/customers, preferably in a financial institution or banking function
- Ability to navigate multiple computer systems, banking applications, and utilize search tools to find information
- Customer service focus with the ability to stay positive in interactions with members and coworkers
- Good communication skills including speaking clearly, succinctly, and accurately while using a pleasant tone and common conversational courtesies
- Strong organizational skills and detail orientation
- Ability to understand banking and business processes within the Credit Union
- Ability to work well in a fast‐paced environment
- Ability to adhere to established attendance policies
- Experience handling cash is strongly preferred
What We Do
At IU Credit Union, we're passionate about helping our members and the communities where we live and work. For the past 65 years, our mission has remained the same: Creating value for our members, promoting financial well-being and contributing to the betterment of our community. We take pride in being voted Bloomington's Best Financial Institution for twelve years, and in our Best Places to Work in Indiana and Best Places to Work in Bloomington designations.
IUCU is a full-service, not-for-profit financial institution (not a bank) serving more than 65,000 members via ten branches across the state. With assets of $1 billion, we are among Indiana's largest credit unions; and hold a national ranking as 62nd healthiest credit union among 6,000 federally-insured credit unions by DepositAccounts.com.
IUCU and You
A career at IUCU can take many different paths. An entry level position can lead to opportunities in branch management, IT, accounting, marketing, lending, account & card services, contact center, human resources, investment services, administration, risk management, training, compliance and more. We offer extensive, year-round online and onsite training opportunities and we have a long history of promoting from within the company.
If you enjoy the satisfaction that comes from worthwhile work and take pride in a job well done, we invite you to consider a career with us. A position with IU Credit Union is an opportunity to impact lives in a positive and lasting way. We're a member-owned, cooperative financial services company, and everything we do is geared toward improving the lives of our members and community. We help them buy homes, grow businesses, send kids to college and build their futures. At the end of the day, we can feel good about the work we've done.