Teller / Member Service Representative - IU Credit Union
- - Bloomington
- Bloomington, IN, USA
- Full Time
- HIGHLIGHTS INCLUDE: Comprehensive & affordable health insurance, very generous 401(k) contribution, plenteous paid time off, flexible wellness reimbursement, ongoing professional development opportunities, performance incentive bonus, company-paid life insurance, tuition reimbursement and the opportunity for meaningful work at one of Indiana’s Best Places to Work.
Not your typical financial institution, IU Credit Union blends cutting-edge business practices with a family atmosphere. We take pride in our Best Places to Work in Indiana and Best Places to Work in Bloomington designations, and in being voted Bloomington's Best Financial Institution for twelve years. Please visit our Career Page to learn why we think you will love working here.
Some highlights of IUCU's generous benefit package include: Comprehensive, affordable health insurance (medical, dental, vision, prescription); outstanding 401(k) contribution (currently 10% of employee annual earnings); flexible wellness reimbursement program; plenteous paid time off (20 paid vacation/holidays your first year, paid parental leave, paid time off to volunteer in the community); performance incentive (up to 5% of your annual salary); company-paid life insurance and more.
IU Credit Union has an opportunity for a Member Service Representative.
Our Member Service Representatives play a key role in our company and are the face of IU Credit Union in the communities we serve. Member Service Reps build lasting relationships that help us know our members and how we can best help them succeed.
- Perform a variety of customer service functions to include processing cash and other banking transactions, answering questions, researching and resolving problems and account issues
- Develop rapport and ensure a quality member experience: greet members (customers) by name, display a caring attitude, be responsive, timely and accurate with transactions and handle member issues with professionalism and patience
- Ascertain member needs and make appropriate referrals (lending, credit card, investment services) that may benefit the member per information gleaned in business transactions and/or conversation
- Maintain your professional knowledge and skill set through in-house courses and training, and act with confidence to find answers to member questions
- Be responsible for a cash drawer: maintaining a balancing record, finding and correcting errors and asking for help in this process as needed
- Adhere to prescribed security controls and policies and procedures to comply with CU and banking regulations, protect member and Credit Union assets, and to deter and detect fraudulent activity
- Perform daily responsibilities alongside other staff members to maintain the efficient operation and appearance of the branch
- Must have excellent communication, problem solving, and organization skills, including a strong attention to detail. Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced member and deadline driven environment is essential. Strong proficiency in computer skill including MS Word, Excel, and the ability to quickly develop a proficiency in financial services applications.
- One or more years of experience interacting with the public or customers, preferably in a financial institution or banking function
- Basic Microsoft Office skills
- Ability to navigate multiple computer systems, banking applications, and utilize search tools to find information
- Customer service focus with the ability to stay positive in interactions with members and coworkers
- Good communication skills including speaking clearly, succinctly, and accurately while using a pleasant tone and common conversational courtesies
- Ability to understand business processes within the Credit Union
- Strong organizational skills and detail orientation
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to adhere to established attendance policies
- Cash handling experience is strongly preferred
What We Do
At IU Credit Union, we're passionate about helping our members and the communities where we live and work. For the past 65 years, our mission has remained the same: Creating value for our members, promoting financial well-being and contributing to the betterment of our community. We take pride in being voted Bloomington's Best Financial Institution for twelve years, and in our Best Places to Work in Indiana and Best Places to Work in Bloomington designations.
IUCU is a full-service, not-for-profit financial institution (not a bank) serving more than 65,000 members via ten branches across the state. With assets of $1 billion, we are among Indiana's largest credit unions; and hold a national ranking as 62nd healthiest credit union among 6,000 federally-insured credit unions by DepositAccounts.com.
IUCU and You
A career at IUCU can take many different paths. An entry level position can lead to opportunities in branch management, IT, accounting, marketing, lending, account & card services, contact center, human resources, investment services, administration, risk management, training, compliance and more. We offer extensive, year-round online and onsite training opportunities and we have a long history of promoting from within the company.
If you enjoy the satisfaction that comes from worthwhile work and take pride in a job well done, we invite you to consider a career with us. A position with IU Credit Union is an opportunity to impact lives in a positive and lasting way. We're a member-owned, cooperative financial services company, and everything we do is geared toward improving the lives of our members and community. We help them buy homes, grow businesses, send kids to college and build their futures. At the end of the day, we can feel good about the work we've done.