Mortgage Post Closer - IU Credit Union
- - Bloomington
- bloomington, IN, USA
- Full Time
- HIGHLIGHTS INCLUDE: Comprehensive & affordable health insurance, very generous 401(k) contribution, plenteous paid time off, flexible wellness reimbursement, ongoing professional development opportunities, performance incentive bonus, company-paid life insurance, tuition reimbursement and the opportunity for meaningful work at one of Indiana’s Best Places to Work.
Not your typical financial institution, IU Credit Union blends cutting-edge business practices with a family atmosphere. We take pride in our Best Places to Work in Indiana and Best Places to Work in Bloomington designations, and in being voted Bloomington's Best Financial Institution for twelve years. Please visit our Career Page to learn why we think you will love working here.
Some highlights of IUCU's generous benefit package include: Comprehensive, affordable health insurance (medical, dental, vision, prescription); outstanding 401(k) contribution (currently 10% of employee annual earnings); flexible wellness reimbursement program; plenteous paid time off (20 paid vacation/holidays your first year, paid parental leave, paid time off to volunteer in the community); performance incentive (up to 5% of your annual salary); company-paid life insurance and more.
IU Credit Union has an opportunity for a Mortgage Post Closer
The Mortgage Post Closer is responsible for the receipt, review, and processing of mortgage closing packages to complete the loan and prepare for activation on the mortgage servicing platform.
- Quality review and scanning of mortgage closing packages, ensuring documents are signed correctly, current homeowners insurance documented, and follow up to obtain any missing or incorrect items
- Disburse and balance funds from the loan closing; send title company wires on refinance transactions
- Assist with construction loan disbursements during construction phase
- Prepare and send mortgage documents for recording; track and file trailing documents including recorded mortgages and title policies
- Deliver sold loans to secondary market; track and resolve any suspended loans
- Login daily to ACD phone group and monitor both the Synapsys service events and LCprocessors email group to answer and resolve general consumer, mortgage or collection inquiries; refer or escalate calls to appropriate staff as needed
Other support duties as required by business needs may include:
- Assist with mortgage servicing duties
- Backup to internal areas such as Consumer and Collections, including but not limited to funding indirect contracts, filing, pulling files/titles, assisting Indirect auto dealers
- Cross train on payment corrections, mortgage release processing, and lien releases
- Demonstrated success in delivering high quality personal service to membership and internal stakeholders
- Ability to meet competing deadlines and priorities through proactive problem solving while accurately and efficiently processing tasks
- Ability to work overtime as required
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to quickly develop proficiency in MortageBot LOS, Epysis, and Servicing Director
- Prior experience and knowledge in mortgage closings is helpful
Please Note: To verify eligibility to work in the United States, IU Credit Union participates in E-Verify, an internet-based employment verification system, administered by the Department of Homeland Security, USCIS, Verification Division and the Social Security Administration.
What We Do
At IU Credit Union, we're passionate about helping our members and the communities where we live and work. For the past 65 years, our mission has remained the same: Creating value for our members, promoting financial well-being and contributing to the betterment of our community. We take pride in being voted Bloomington's Best Financial Institution for twelve years, and in our Best Places to Work in Indiana and Best Places to Work in Bloomington designations.
IUCU is a full-service, not-for-profit financial institution serving more than 65,000 members via ten branches across the state. With assets of $1 billion, we are among Indiana's largest credit unions; and hold a national ranking as 62nd healthiest credit union among 6,000 federally-insured credit unions by DepositAccounts.com .
IUCU and You
A career at IUCU can take many different paths. An entry level position can lead to opportunities in branch management, IT, accounting, marketing, lending, account & card services, contact center, human resources, investment services, administration, risk management, training, compliance and more. We offer extensive, year-round online and onsite training opportunities and we have a long history of promoting from within the company.
If you enjoy the satisfaction that comes from worthwhile work and take pride in a job well done, we invite you to consider a career with us. A position with IU Credit Union is an opportunity to impact lives in a positive and lasting way. We're a member-owned, cooperative financial services company, and everything we do is geared toward improving the lives of our members and community. We help them buy homes, grow businesses, send kids to college and build their futures. At the end of the day, we can feel good about the work we've done.